[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]If you love traveling and the great outdoors, then you’ll love RVs as they are affordable vessels to live and travel. Short for recreational vehicles, RVs range from self-propelling motorhomes to towable RVs that need to be hitched to another vehicle.
Regardless of which one you prefer, the key to enjoying your RV travels is to buy a reliable RV. A bad buy will not only steal your joy but also cost you when you start paying to fix all the wear and tear, replacements, faulty wiring, or water damage.
If you already own a truck, you don’t need to break the bank and buy an expensive motorhome RV. Instead, you can just buy a much cheaper alternative: a towable travel trailer or toy hauler.
After reading this article, you may be able to decide on which of the two popular brands in the towable RV industry — Winnebago travel trailer and Raptor toy hauler — you’d want to buy.
Winnebago Travel Trailers
Winnebago travel trailers are a popular choice for travelers looking for an affordable house on wheels. They have one of the best value for your money prices on the market today. You have four main options to choose from.
This is a small, lightweight, and rugged trailer ready for serious adventures. It’s very stable and easy to pull. Therefore, it can handle tough roads beyond the beaten track. Its sleeping capacity ranges from three to four people depending on the floor plan. Its price range is $26,000 to $38,000.
2. Micro Minnie
This is also a small, lightweight camper that doesn’t compromise on its features. It’s seven feet wide and features different floor plans, so there’s a Micro Minnie for everyone. It can accommodate between three and five sleepers. Its price ranges from around $22,000 to $35,000.
Winnebago Micro Minnie
This is a lightweight, comfortable camper that is great for a family adventure — ideal for a couple with small children. The inside is easy to clean and regulate. It’s a roomy RV with efficient space usage, and it can accommodate three to eight sleepers. You can buy it for anywhere between $24,000 and $48,000.
Winnebago Minnie Plus
This comfortable trailer is designed for travelers going on long adventures. It boasts the most convenient features like a washer/dryer prep, huge storage space, a complete refrigerator, and an optional king-size bed. The price of this trailer ranges between $35,000 and $60,000.
Raptor Toy Haulers
Keystone’s Raptor Toy Hauler represents a range of luxury-grade RVs designed to carry mini-cars, bicycles, motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles, or anything similar (AKA “toys”). Raptor toy haulers are only available as towable fifth wheel RVs. there are no travel trailer options. The signature marks of a Raptor toy hauler are:
· A back door that’s also a ramp for loading and off-loading your toys
· A garage space that is also usable as a living or office space
· Huge basement storage
· “Double-story” floor plan for more space and privacy
The Raptor toy hauler is the ideal RV for thrill-seekers serious about their toys. Recently, other travelers have also come to love the Raptor toy hauler for the extra garage space it offers. You can use the garage for your gear, pets, game (hunting), or office work.
Here are some of the Raptor Toy Haulers for sale at Travelcamp.
1. 2020 Keystone Raptor 356
This is the cheapest Raptor toy hauler in Travelcamp’s inventory, proved at only $72,477. Even though it’s preowned, it’s still in excellent condition. It comes with amenities like a fireplace, a double-door freezer + fridge, and a kitchen island.
2. 2021 Keystone Raptor 428
Although preowned, this trailer comes with a side patio and two entrances besides the back door (ramp). It’s in excellent condition and would cost you $84,977.
2021 Keystone Raptor 428
3. 2021 Keystone Raptor 429
This is the latest and most expensive Raptor at Travelcamp, priced at $96,477. It comes with a side patio and three entrances.
Winnebago Travel Trailer vs Raptor Toy Hauler
Although both Winnebago travel trailers and Raptor toy haulers are towable vehicles, they differ in a lot of ways.
To begin with, Raptor toy haulers are only available as a fifth wheel trailer, while Winnebago travel trailers come in all shapes and sizes. This means that while a car, truck, or SUV can tow a travel trailer, Raptor toy haulers require a pickup truck.
Their target markets also differ: Raptor toy haulers are designed for higher-end, wealthy customers who wish to travel together with their outdoor “toys.” On the other hand, Winnebago travel trailers are ideal for budget-conscious customers looking to gain the maximum value for their buck.
Overall, Winnebago travel trailers are mainly designed as living spaces, while toy haulers have a garage and large storage spaces.
Tips and Tricks: Buying an RV
When buying your next RV, here are a couple of things you need to remember:
· Check for damage (water, electrical, etc.): Used RVs sold by neglectful owners may have problems like water damage from roof leaks and bad drainage. Water damage leads to serious issues such as rotten walls and floors. If possible, avoid buying any unit with these issues.
· Outline your purpose, passenger number, and budget: When picking out an RV, it’s important to understand what exactly it is you need from your RV. For example, If you are traveling to cold places, your RV should be certified for that weather.
· Shop around: After you have identified an RV you like, shop around and compare alternative or similar options to your desired RV. When shopping around, you might also find the same RV selling for less at another dealer.
· Know your towing capacity: If you are buying a towable RV, it’s crucial to know your tow vehicle’s capacity. Buying a heavy RV that your car, SUV, or truck cannot pull is dangerous for both you and other road users.
· Negotiate the initial price: In most cases, the opening price from your dealer is not fixed. RV manufacturers allow dealers to add their markups for their personal profit. Therefore, it’s important to negotiate with the dealer until you agree on a price that satisfies everyone.
In summary, a Raptor toy hauler is a large fifth wheel towable RV with enough inside space to carry small vehicles like motorcycles, snowmobiles, ATVs, etc. In contrast, Winnebago travel trailers are affordable towable RVs that vary in size and utility. Winnebago travel trailers range from small options like the Winnebago Hike to bigger RVs like the Winnebago Voyage.
Travelcamp sells both used and new RVs. Some people prefer buying RVs that have been broken in, whose kinks have been ironed out, whereas others like that “new RV smell.” It all depends on your preference.![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]