According to reports from the RV Industry Association, the number of households that own an RV is up to 11.2 million in North America. Over the past decade RV ownership has increased 26% and just this past March was a record-breaking month of sales for new RVs. In fact, companies like Winnebego are reporting skyrocketing sales, especially among millennial and Gen-X customers.
Many people are also turning to RV rental companies and it’s clear that RV use is enjoying a huge period of popularity. If you own, rent, or are thinking about using an RV for your next vacation, you’ll want to know the best places to camp.
There are dozens of great places to stay across the country, from luxury parks with high-end recreational facilities, to parks that look out over remote natural wonders, from Florida beaches to New England forests. We’ve rounded up the best spots, and ones that should give you a good amount of choice.
Many of these RV campgrounds are located in or near national and state parks and can be booked directly via the National Park Service website. Additionally, sites like Campspot, The Dyrt, and PitchUp make it easy to search for and book campsites across the US.
We chose the best RV campsites in the US based on the following criteria:
- All RV sites either have a wide range of facilities or are located next to unmissable scenery that is worth sacrificing some comforts for. Even more remote spots will have the option of electricity hook-ups and bathrooms.
- We considered reviews from trusted sites like The Dyrt, and PitchUp.
- RV camping is fairly affordable once you have the vehicle and these campsites all under $100 per night, with some starting at just $20 per night for a basic spot.
- We looked for a wide range of campgrounds across the US, but every campsite is in a beautiful location where it’s easy to enjoy nature, whether it’s overlooking the Pacific Ocean, close to waterfall hiking trails, or in the middle of a stunning forest.
Browse all of the best RV campsites below of jump to a specific region here:
- The best RV sites in the Northeast
- The best RV sites in the Northwest
- The best RV sites in the Midwest
- The best RV sites in the West
- The best RV sites in the South
- FAQ: RV vacations
- More great outdoor vacation ideas
Here are the best RV campsites in the US, sorted by region and then by price from low to high.
Kentuck Campground, Ohiopyle State Park
Typical starting price: $20
Location: Dunbar, Pennsylvania
Located on the southern edges of the Laurel Ridge, Ohiopyle State Park boasts 20,000 acres of rugged natural beauty and serves as the gateway to the wonderful scenery of the Laurel Highlands. At the heart of the park, the fast-flowing waters of the Youghiogheny River Gorge make for a dramatic centerpiece, as well as providing some of the best whitewater rafting in the eastern United States.
Amid this, the Kentuck Campground has around 200 campsites, and while more basic than some on this list, the surrounding natural wonders more than compensate. There are toilets and warm showers, as well as fire rings and electric hook-ups. Outdoor activities are available year-round, with hunting, hiking, fishing, and biking the most popular, but even just admiring the waterfalls and forest landscape is rewarding enough.
Typical starting price: $66
Location: Foxborough, Massachusetts
This idyllic site has been operational since 1971, its plum New England location between Boston and Cape Cod proving to be popular enough to sustain its longevity. It enjoys a tranquil, pastoral setting deep in gorgeous woodlands, and if you can book a spot early in the fall, then you’ll enjoy some of the most spectacular colors as the leaves form a vibrant canopy above you.
In terms of the site’s amenities, it’s an exhaustive list, with swimming pools, disc golf courses, tennis courts, and a fitness center, as well as Wi-Fi, snack bars, laundry, and even a creative arts room if the weather is inclement. Four-legged friends will also love the on-site dog park.
Article Courtesy of: https://www.rvia.org/news-insights/15-best-rv-sites-across-us